The New Year is Upon Us!
Good Health & Wealth to you and your family. Here's a little tip on starting your year of right:
Plan, Write it Down, Accept It, Execute! Repeat!!! You are 1 habit away from transformational growth!
Outline Your Fitness Plan
Your good health strategy should include something from each of four basic areas, and each day should begin with a warmup and end with a cooldown.
- Warmup: Five to ten minutes of low-intensity exercise such as walking or general movement to get the muscles warmed up and elastic.
- Muscular strength: Two 20-minute sessions per week of weight training is the minimum for increasing strength.
- Muscular endurance: Three 30-minute sessions per week with such exercises as calisthenics, pushups, situps, pull-ups and weight training for all the major muscle groups.
- Cardiorespiratory endurance: At least three 20-minute sessions of continuous aerobic, rhythmic exercise each week, such as brisk walking, jogging, swimming, cycling, jumping rope, rowing, cross-country skiing, etc.
- Flexibility: Ten to fifteen minutes of slow, non-bouncing daily stretching exercises can be included in your warmup and/or cooldown.
- Cooldown: Five to ten minutes of low-intensity exercise to cool your muscles down slowly to avoid injury.
Your Favorite RE/MAX Professional,